Use a 12" - 14" round cast iron frying pan.
1 pound all-purpose flour
1 cup water
1 packet dry yeast
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar (aids dough rising)
Knead, rise once in a bowl, press and shape in the pan and rise once in the pan. (oil the pan well with olive oil, sprinkle a little corn meal in the bottom of the pan.)
Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Add toppings in this order:
1) Whole slices and shredded cheese on the bottom, put an amount that you think looks reasonable and then double it. Consider a mozzarella, provolone, swiss combination.
2) Veggies of your choice: mushrooms, onion, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, chilies, olives, etc.
3) Meats, if desired: Italian sausage and pepperoni are traditional but consider others as well. Less can be more....
4) Sauce: homemade or any commercial pizza sauce will work. (Do not substitute spaghetti sauce! Your pizza will be soggy) Again, not too much, just enough to cover over the toppings.
5) Grated Parmesan and/or Romano cheese.
Brush exposed crust with olive oil and bake in a preheated 450 degree oven on a pizza stone for about 25 minutes. The crust that is exposed should be dark but not burned.
After pizza comes out of the over move from it from the pan to a wire cooling rack and spread fresh basil slivers over the top. Let rest for 10 minutes to set before serving.